Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Synchronized Hoop Dance

I recently taught a workshop called Hoopdance Performance and Choreography here in DC, we spent a Sunday afternoon exploring different types of performances and choreography for hoopdance. At the end we co-created a synchronized hoop dance with all of the participants. I was pretty impressed with what we had come up with as a group and at the end I wished I had set up a camera so that we could have put a demo together and got our act on the road!!

One of the most inspirational hoopdance performers I know, is my friend Khan, who years ago did a one man show integrating his passion for flow using poi, contact ball, and hoop to tell a story about universal truths. mmm I am getting chills just thinking about it.

I just came across this video of him in and two other male hoopdancers doing an exquisite hoopdance routine. Sigh, I do love watching male hoopdancers. . .

1 comment:

  1. I totally recognize Khan from his first movement. Love his hoop style. Had the pleasure of meeting him at a hoop jam at Delores Park on a surprisingly warm and sunny day this past December.

    ReplyDelete